Honestly, I feel like the rest of the week is going to bed some pretty heavy stuff on here. Therefore, let’s keep it light today. As you may know, I get into phases where I become very focused on things. Music, book, food, clothing, whatever. Here’s a list of what I’m currently obsessing over:
crafts made from seashells.
youtube videos of Nirvana being interviewed. (The term “interview” is a loose one, but that’s not a bad thing.)
toasted cinammon rasin bagels with cream cheese.
the stage directions (written in French) of an actor penciled in the margins of my collected Molière plays, he was in productions circa 1940.
these songs: Pixies - The Holiday Song, Them Crooked Vultures - Elephant, Foster the People - Houdini, Stars - Take Me to the Riot, Juliet and the Licks - Hot Kiss, The Clash - Straight to Hell, City and Colour - Hello, I’m in Delaware, The Civil Wars - The Girl with the Red Balloon.
reading about train robbers.
1) I try to never come back the same way I came. I’m not sure if people notice this. For instance, when filling my car with gas, I walk one way around the car to get to the pump and the opposite way to get back in the car. It’s unlucky otherwise. I’m a luck person.
2) I’d say there’s probably a 92% chance I like a band if it has the word “the” in the title. Examples: THE Strokes, THE Clash, THE Kinks, THE Smiths, Foster THE People, Cage THE Elephant, Queens of THE Stone Age… Do I really need to continue? Can we just go ahead and throw THEM Crooked Vultures in there?
3) No matter what band or groups of bands I start out with on Pandora (usually while at work), by the end of the day, Pandora has decided that I must really, really love Nirvana. I do not know how this happens. Well, so be it, I guess. I’ll just give in.
4) I never realize how noticeable I am. Last Saturday several people recounted seeing me earlier in the day walking down Main Street. I was shocked that they were able to pick me out from everyone else… until I realized at that moment I was a pale, blonde girl walking in the rain with a bright red umbrella. I guess I stick out.
5) The more I have to do, the more I get done. I always think I’m never accomplishing much because my lists of things to do are beyond epic… but when I really take stock of what I get through daily, I’d said it’s more than your average bear..or person, for that matter. Sitting still is not always for me.
6) I must be very transparent. Everyone always says their suggested twitter follows are so far off. Twitter suggests for me to follow a barrage of baseball beat writers and drag queens. This honestly could not be more spot-on. This is a really good summation of my interests. Well done, twitter.